Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Start of Our Journey

Yesterday Allan left for his 2 day journey to boot camp. He left here and headed up to San Jose to stay at a hotel before flying out tomorrow. We were thankfully able to talk to each other last night before he left this morning. It's been hard to not have him around, but I think we (the kitties and I) are adjusting pretty well. Obviously there are hard moments, but what are chocolate and ice cream for right? Haha. Anyway, I heard from him tonight once he got to boot camp. He got a very short call to let me know he got there safely and I don't think I could have told him I was proud of him enough. He says he's got processing all tonight so he won't be sleeping until tomorrow night. Crazy huh? I'm so so so excited for November to roll up so I can see him again and then we can talk much more often than once a week when he can send a letter. Once he can start writing letters (hopefully this Sunday!!) then I can keep everyone updated on how he's faring over in Illinois.

As for my healthy eating, well, I'm going to try to keep it healthy while he's gone. I don't have to cook as much food and sometimes I won't want to even bother making a meal. But I found the most delicious t.v. dinner at Trader Joe's. It was low-fat mac and cheese. I've had microwave mac and cheese before and it was nasty unpleasant. This one from Trader Joe's though was absolutely delicious!! Seriously though, go buy it. Obviously I haven't worried too much with healthy eating as I've been eating Butterfingers and Snickers ice cream for the past two days. Once I get out of my funk I'll hop back onto the healthy food wagon and keep plowing through!

And since this is the last picture I'll have of us until he graduates here is my hunky Navy man!



No comments:

Post a Comment