Monday, September 26, 2011

Letters, a Phone Call, and New Hair

Hello everyone! How was your weekend?

This weekend my friend was house sitting so I stayed the weekend with her and we had an uneventful sleepover. As in the two of us passed out by 10. Could I be more boring?

Saturday I ran a bunch of errands with my friend from L.A. who moved up here for college. Now, if none of you know what UCSC is like think trees and you've got UCSC down. Going from L.A. to forest and deer that will randomly stand in the middle of your walkway is a pretty damn big change for my friend, but boy is it fun to watch her freak out about being in a forest. After we went to this meeting out in the middle of nowhere at the college we hunted down this bookstore to find some of her books. The day was full of driving around trying to figure out where the heck we were going.

Sunday I went to my other friend's house to have her dye and cut my hair. I've had half blonde half-brown hair for awhile and I was pretty much over it. Since Allan left I've been wanting to change my hair and dark brown is my favorite way to go.

Ta-da!

Also this weekend I got about 3 letters from Allan! How awesome is that! And you know what could be even more awesome? A phone call! That's right, I got to hear his voice today! It made my day so much better and was exactly what I needed. He's doing well, but he's having some serious breathing problems which are a big concern. He was checked out by the doctors and had X-rays done and there isn't anything obviously wrong with them (i.e. lung cancer or something blocking his lungs), but they are worried that he has asthma. Asthma is baaaad because he'd get kicked out of the military. I think the idea of him having asthma is crap wrong. He's never had problems and he worked out like crazy before he left and he never had breathing problems. His recruiters and I think it's just him being sick/getting used to a new lifestyle and environment. I'm so proud of him for passing his swim test! If none of you knew, he didn't know how to swim until I taught him like 2 months before he left. He does say "hi" to everyone! I can't wait to see him next month!

I hope you all had a good weekend and have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment