Wednesday, September 14, 2011

WIAW

Happy Wednesday everyone! It's that time of the week to join Jenn @ Peas & Crayons for What I Ate Wednesday!
Breakfast:
Greek Yogurt and a slice of pumpkin nut loaf from Trader Joe's (delicious!)


Morning Snack:
Clementines! Yum!


Lunch (no picture):
Sweet Potato Bisque from Trader Joe's & a clementine

Afternoon Snack:
Light Kettle Corn from Trader Joe's

Dinner:
The most delicious pasta dish ever! 4 cheese baked penne

Dessert:
I made homemade truffles (this is just the ganache)
But seriously, who doesn't love a big bowl of melted chocolate?
I have to take a little time to talk about how absolutely delicious that pasta dish was. It was super easy to make and very little clean-up. And that picture? That's the size of 1 portion. It's a huge amount of food for few calories. Here is the delicious recipe. Definitely a keeper!

As for Allan? I got graduation information and his mailing address, but that's it. Still no news and it's driving me nuts! And how am I holding up? Well I don't want to make this a blog of my whininess, but it's hard. I miss him everyday and some days it doesn't even feel like he's ever been around. I am holding up well and I'm trying to keep busy to make the days go by faster. Hence why I made truffles last night. I needed a necessary pick-me-up and who can be depressed around a big bowl of melted chocolate?

3 comments:

  1. Woah--I am a HUGE TJ's fan, and yet somehow haven't come across pumpkin loaf or sweet potato bisque?? Thank goodness I live across the street from one (almost) and can go find such goodness! And it must be clementine season somewhere, 'cause they were definitely included in my eats today as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the last loaf that they had for the day. The checkout guy says they sell out usually within the first hour of being open! He was surprised I found a loaf

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm tjs. I'm going to check out that low cal huge portion pasta- I love that!

    ReplyDelete