Thursday, September 22, 2011

Some Wonderful News!

Hey there! Long time no talk! I know, I've been slacking. I didn't really want to write anything cause I was praying I would get Allan's first letter. Wellll...I got it!

He's doing well, he says he's super tired cause they're always busy. His RDCs (recruit division commander) are super competitive so they can't get away with a single mistake which I'm sure is a lot of pressure. He was name a permanent watch person (I have really no idea what they do exactly). He's super excited for that. He also mentioned that he has to wear the horrible huge glasses they give you if you need them. Poor guy! I never knew he even had to wear glasses so it must be a big change for him. He also has to get his wisdom teeth pulled out. Ouch! Other than that he's really looking forward to graduating next month.

I can't wait to hear more from him and hopefully I'll get the next letter much sooner than 3 weeks from this one! And now that I'm not super depressed cause I haven't heard him in so long I'll make sure to blog more. It's been very odd around here, some days it feels like things are speeding by and some feel like I'm running too fast and need to chill out. I've been much better at adjusting which is awesome.

Also, can I just mention how absolutely excited I am for fall to be here!! It officially starts tomorrow and let's hope Mother Nature cooperates around here and makes it feel like fall. I've already discovered the pumpkin bin at Trader Joe's and am surprised I could restrain myself from snatching all of the baking pumpkins. I already made pumpkin pasties (excuse the odd phrase, it's British) from Harry Potter. They were fabulous and oh so delicious. I'll post pictures and a recipe next post since I'm making another batch tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you finally heard from him, I'm surprised about the glasses, but not really about the wisdom teeth needing to come out, mine were pulled as an adult too. I figured he was tired, but I'm so glad to hear he is doing well. I let him know I loved him and encouraged him to write me when he has the time, i know he's a busy guy these days. I feel like even if he doesn't write much, it's ok at least he knows we all love him and care about him from the letters he gets from us back home. I miss him too, I'm sure in different way than you do. I'm very much looking forward to seeing him when he graduates. Thanks for sharing, I will let you know when he sends me one too.

    ReplyDelete