Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Jumbled Update Part One

Hey there everyone! I had planned so many different blog posts and I've been so lazy busy that I haven't gotten around to posting all of them and at this point it's pretty pointless to play catch-up again. I'll give you a quick overview of everything and hopefully I'll keep on track after that!

In previous posts I've mentioned that I wanted to start eating healthier and have been seeking out some much healthier alternatives to what I used to eat. I had wanted to write about specific days and what I ate and I promise I will, but I'll catch you up on 2 alternatives I've discovered and looooove! First off, greek yogurt with homemade granola! I wasn't hungry until lunchtime and boy can I tell you that is an accomplishment! I've never had greek yogurt before and it's seriously the bomb! It's so thick and delicious and the granola really added a yummy crunch to it. Not to mention a killer amount of protein and fiber. The containers are about 6 ounces and I add about 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons of homemade granola. Here is the recipe for the granola, but because I didn't have everything I literally only used the oats, maple syrup, and oil. I did add some cinnamon which made it extra yummy.

Eat that! Seriously!
My second breakfast staple I've been eating is oatmeal. I make normal oatmeal and add a tablespoon or so of low-fat milk (yes, I've been a whole-milk-girl my whole life and made the switch and will soon switch to soy milk) and then add about a tablespoon of brown sugar, cinnamon, and some coconut. The coconut adds a nice texture to the oatmeal and it's super duper delicious! The fiber really helps keep me full and it's not a whole lot of food. Delicious!

Mmmmm!

For lunch I've just been eating leftovers so nothing too exciting. For dinner though I made two dinners (that I have pictures of!). One was a penne with roasted tomatoes, garlic, and beans. I was really disappointed with the recipe. It had little to no flavor and the garlic burned so I didn't even have yummy garlic in my pasta. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone--all I can say is it was at least yummy looking. My second dinner was whole-wheat spaghetti with meatballs and yum yum yum! It was absolutely delicious! The meatballs we're filled out with portobello mushroom so you weren't eating a massive amount of red meat (baaaaad). My only suggestion is to sear the meatballs and then bake them before adding them to the sauce, they weren't cooked all the way through the way the recipe has you cook them and they came out mushy (hence why a couple of them are just smashed in the picture).
Here is the delicious recipe

I've been going to the gym as well and I seriously never thought I'd think about doing a 2-mile run without wanting to kill myself, but boy has that changed. My usual workout is this:
2 miles on the elliptical
  • 3 X 10 hamstring exercises on the machine
  • 3 X 10 leg press 
  • 3 X 10 quad exercises on the machine
  • 3 X 10 calf raises
  • 60 crunches
  • 60 bicycle crunches
  • 1 minute of plank
And usually I do arm exercises, but I hurt my wrist and work and can't use it so unfortunately it's just a leg and core workout for now.

I'll get to Part 2 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment