Sunday, August 14, 2011

Going Away Parties and PITA cats

Here is my list from the last post on the things I wanted to talk about:
  • Allan's problems with the Navy (check)
  • Allan's 2 going away parties
  • Our weekend date
  • My niece starting school
  • A venture into Harry Potter treats
  • The wonderful pancakes I'm obsessed with (check)
  • Frustrations with cat food 

Now, on to a few more so I'm not playing catch-up anymore.

We had a 2 going away parties for Allan that got thrown into one weekend and boy am I proud of everyone for showing up on such short notice and a special thanks to our friends PJ & Stephanie who threw Allan an awesome going away party with 2 days notice! The first going away party was a going away dinner with Allan's family so I'll just let the pictures do most of the talking!

Allan with his cousin
Our party, with a few people cut off unfortunately

 Us at the restaurant
After we had the family party we had our friend party on that Sunday and boy did it come out well!
 The beautiful decorations!
 Allan playing with PJ & Steph's son Landon
 I happened to catch PJ with his video game concentration face
 The group posing while playing Wii

 PJ barbequing
 Stephanie's avocado pie! Soooo delicious!
 Everyone's last toast to Allan before he was supposed to leave
 Shooting pool


 Allan trying to be inappropriate
Our group at Fast Eddie's

So as you can see, we had a bbq at our friends' house and then met up with everyone at Fast Eddie's (a billiards hall). It was so much fun and I seriously can not thank PJ & Steph for throwing that party for Allan, even though we found out the next day that he wouldn't be leaving for 3 weeks later.

Now, on to our 3 cats and our new frustrations with them. Our oldest cat is 13 so we've started putting him on senior feed because he really needs it, but unfortunately we have 2 adult cats that don't need senior feed. They eat out of the same bowl so it's a big PITA to separate their food and for the longest time this morning I had to jump between the cats to get them to stop eating each other's food. It's been quite a headache, but I think their learning finally. So fingers crossed that things finally work out!

I'm pretty sure that's definitely long enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment