Friday, August 19, 2011

A Date, Preschool, and Harry Potter

My many events that I'm trying to catch you all up on!

  • Allan's problems with the Navy (check)
  • Allan's 2 going away parties (check)
  • Our weekend date
  • My niece starting school
  • A venture into Harry Potter treats
  • The wonderful pancakes I'm obsessed with (check)
  • Frustrations with cat food (check)
Alright, I'll start with our date from last week (I know I know! I'm so behind!). Allan and I went out Friday night to get pizza and watch the first 49ers game of the season at Tony and Alba's. We got a delicious garlic, chicken, and alfredo pizza. It was amazing! I don't have a picture of it unfortunately, but I seriously recommend it. The next day we went and saw Captain America and I'm so so soooo glad we saw it! It was such an amazing movie! You need to go out and see it! It wasn't too exciting of a date, but we had seriously been planning this since we started seeing commercials for it on TV.

Next up, my 3 year old niece finally started preschool! I'm so proud of her and she was so excited for her first day! My sister set up an Enchanted phone call for her and it had a hilarious outcome. If you don't know what an Enchanted call is, well here it is, it's a phone call from Disney of a Disney princess, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, or Mickey; and you choose what you want them to call about (i.e encouragment, a holiday, happy birthday, etc.). We chose Ariel because she sounded the closest to what the character actually sounded like and when the phone call came my niece yelled "No!! I don't like Ariel anymore!" It was so unexpected, but absolutely hilarious. She wasn't as excited to go the next day, but she's doing really well. I just can't believe she's old enough to go preschool already! I'm so proud of her!

And finally something I've been really excited to talk about, Harry Potter treats! I don't know who has seen the movies/read the books so I'll do my best to explain without sounding like an encyclopedia. In Harry Potter that have a candy store called Honeydukes and they sell a lot of really yummy treats (what candy store doesn't?!) like Chocoballs, Chocolate Frogs, Cauldron Cakes just to name a few. If you want a long list here ya go! Universal Studios amusement park in Florida has a theme park in it of Harry Potter and they have their own real life Honeydukes shop and I've seen some of the things they have in there and am determined to make some of my own. I've loved Harry Potter since the first book came out back in the 90's and have always wanted to know how some of the treats they describe taste like. Once I start experimenting I'll blog about it on here so you all can see my progress with chocolate, caramel, and many many more tasty treats!

To end this I'll let everyone know, Allan officially has less than 2 weeks until he leaves for basic training! It's all going so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment