Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Jumbled Mess Part 2

There has been so much going on so again, I'm just going to graze over things so I'm not boring everyone to death.

Allan's niece, Natalie, turned 1 a couple weeks ago and she had her first birthday party last week. She's so big and walking around all on her own! Here are some pictures from the party:

The birthday girl
Uncle Allan with Natalie

Natalie blowing out her birthday candle

The week of Natalie's birthday party I also ended up hurting my wrist super bad at work. I'm now supposed to start physical therapy soon to strengthen my wrist, but since it's work related I thankfully don't have to pay for it. Whew!

A couple posts ago I posted about changing our cats' food so Bubbie could start eating senior food. Unfortunately the young ones thought his senior food was yummier than he did, so I stopped feeding him senior feed until I take him into the vet to see if it's safe if the young ones eat senior food. They're a handful! These 3 cats equal 2 toddlers I swear!

Healthy food update! I have a delicious recipe I have to share with everyone! 3 words: chicken pot pie. Doesn't sound very healthy does it? Well thank goodness for Ellie Krieger and making one of my favorite dishes much much better for you. Here is the delicious recipe! I didn't have phyllo dough so I used crescent rolls (not so healthy, but a small indulgence). And the delicious aftermath?
Yum!

I've also been super excited and full of plans for my bridal shower. I know I know, the bride shouldn't be planning her bridal shower, but I love planning stuff and my sister-in-law who is my matron-of-honor lives hours away. One of my bridesmaids, Stephanie who planned Allan's going away party, is helping plan it with me. And hopefully it should be happening in the next few 2 months because if plans go the way we're hoping (it's the military, nothing is 100% guaranteed) Allan will be coming home in December for Christmas and we plan on having our small ceremony then. Fingers crossed and good luck dust would be appreciated!

And finally, speaking of Allan, he leaves NEXT WEEK for basic training! How insane is that?! The time has gone by so fast! I'm going to miss him so much, but I am so so proud of him! These last 5 full days with him are full of plans and if it's anything like last time this happened it'll go by so fast.

Good luck to Allan in these last few days here!

Also, if anyone would like to see what Allan will be going through (albeit a watered down version) here ya go!


No comments:

Post a Comment