Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Quick Update

I haven't had anything very exciting to talk about, but I had some proud news about Allan. Once Allan had been signed and sworn in he was given a booklet/study guide of things he needs to know for basic training, such as the phonetic alphabet, chain of command, different ships, etc. He's been going to the gym everyday to keep up with his PT (physical training for those non-military readers) and he's been bringing along his little study guide to prepare for basic training. He's officially memorized the alphabet and doing really well on everything else! I'm so proud of him, but I swear, if he starts speaking in code to me my brain may explode. We found out that there is a test during basic training on everything in the study guide and if he passes really well he gets promoted immediately to E-2 (which is a pay rate and usually takes them a few months to get). He's very determined to pass this and I couldn't be prouder that he's studying so well!
He officially has 5 weeks left before he leaves for basic training. We've been cramming in as much "us" time as possible before we're separated for who knows how many months. Our friends have graciously decided to host a going-away party for him and his other friends which is really sweet. Next months looks to be full of going away parties and more crammed family time. Our cats too seem to know something is up; they've been desperate for attention for him and are usually cuddled up with him. It seems like it won't be just me that will miss him while he's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment