Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Birthday Bash

  This weekend my sister came up to our parents' house with my niece and nephew for his 1st birthday. Technically his birthday isn't until the end of the month, but they won't be up here to celebrate it. I offered to bake him his first cake ever and spent this weekend baking it. I made him a blue cake with yellow buttercream frosting with lions and tigers. It came out really well.

I was so happy to see him and my niece after not seeing them for months and boy! do they grow! Of course my nephew absolutely adores Allan. She played with him constantly and eventually just passed out on the poor guy.

There were many meltdowns, but who doesn't when dealing with 2 kids 3 and under? Eventually we dove into the cake and my nephew covered himself in cake.

Note the front of the cake got smashed thanks to a person walking right in front of my car, thus the cake flew at the dashboard when I had to break. He still enjoyed it. See?

He got blue cake and green frosting smushed all over himself, we were forced to hose him off in the sink just to get him clean.
I also got to enjoy watching my niece play with her baby doll. She's so big now! She mostly enjoyed playing with my dad and was practically impossible to snatch a picture with her running around everywhere with her 3 year old energy.

It was an amazing day just to spend the day with my niece and nephew and sister who I so rarely see.

As for an update regarding Allan. He's looking so amazing now. He's definitely lost some weight, or rather it's turning into some wonderful muscle. He's been pretty down about working out, saying it hasn't really done anything, but just this morning he said he hadn't noticed how much he's lost! I'm so very proud of him!




No comments:

Post a Comment