Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Productive Weekend

This weekend I was determined to knuckle down and get all my chores done that I've been picking at for awhile. On Saturday I did dishes and laundry and actually cleaned our house! I've had a pretty bad week so it was really cleansing to get all the clutter out of our house and organize the house, which is equivalent to eating a pint of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream (which I also did this weekend). While I did a major clean Allan went down the street and was able to donate blood. He was so proud to be able to do it before he leaves, and potentially not be able to do it again! The guy is a serious sweetie.

Sunday morning I finished my chores and made a super healthy breakfast since I dug out a bag of whole wheat flour we had in the cabinet. I've tried making whole wheat pancakes before and they didn't come out quite right, but I tweaked this one and was able to come up with some awesome whole wheat pancakes with butter and honey. Yum!

That afternoon we went to the gym where we got a serious workout in. I actually enjoyed running on the elliptical for a mile and a half. Allan helped me a lot on the machine and might I add, I didn't mind having such a handsome man helping me out :) It's been a pretty easy weekend, but very very productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment