Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July Weekend

Allan and I spent our 4th of July weekend with our friends and grilling with our families. On Saturday we met up with our friends at the beach and boy was it hot! We had to park way far away from the beach because everyone was at the beach. We had to walk by Santa Cruz's big draw, the Boardwalk, on our way to the beach we were heading to. The Boardwalk beach looked like someone just smeared a whole bunch of tourists across the sand. I mean, look at it!

We met up with our friends and played around for awhile in the hot hot sun. We had brought along a frisbee and Allan and his friend had fun playing in the water with it. It was a really fun day and very relaxing.
But unfortunately we didn't use enough sunscreen and boy were we little lobsters! Allan's chest and back were BRIGHT red and I burned the back of my legs so bad they were purple. Ouch!

Because of how burned we were we spent Sunday relaxing around the house cause neither one of us could move very well.

On 4th of July we had planned on going to our hometown parade, but we never made it over there. We went to IHop with Allan's mom for breakfast which was a really nice way to start the morning. After that we went to her house for a bbq with his brother, his wife, and our niece. She was having fun showing off how well she walks now.

After we spent some time there we went over to my parent's house for a bbq as well.

After we spent some time there we went home and relaxed until we met up with a group of our friends at the bars by the beach. Being underage I was DD and got only virgin drinks :)
Unfortunately we didn't see any fireworks because we were covered by super thick fog. All in all it was a pretty good weekend, minus our horrible sunburns we're still getting over.

Allan and I have been working out my plans for when he graduates. I'm very excited to be going to Chicago where my beloved Bears play. We had planned on getting married during the time I'm in Chicago between is basic training and A school, but it looks like he only gets a day between graduation and when he has to check into A school. But all is not lost! We found out that while he's in A school he gets a break from mid-December to early January and he gets to come home! I'm very thankful we get to spend Christmas together and that will probably be when we get married. Obviously with the military involved plans can and will always change.
He's been doing an excellent job of getting into better shape for basic. I'm so proud of him and he's looking more and more like a sailor. He'll be leaving next month and it's really hitting me finally. I'm so proud of him for doing everything he can.


Hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment