Monday, July 18, 2011

The End of an Era

This weekend Allan and I went to see Harry Potter in theaters. We went during a matinee as I figured most people wouldn't show up, and thankfully I was right. I wasn't looking forward to being squished between people and fortunately I had space around me which ended up being a good thing. I was warned this movie would be sad to watch for some parts, but I knew that hardest would be the ending of something that meant so much to me. I hated reading before Harry Potter came out and my mom bought me the book and since then my nose has always been stuffed in a book. The characters of these books were like friends to me. I grew up as the characters grew older. It was an amazing tribute to the end of an era and yes, I cried my little eyes out. The deaths of characters practically ripped my heart out as it felt like losing a friend. It's still hard to believe all books and movies are done and we won't be walking the halls of Hogwarts anymore.

"No story lives unless someone wants to listen... The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home."
~J.K. Rowling

In other news, I officially have a countdown until Allan leaves and sadly we have about 6 weeks left. It sounds like a lot, but it goes by so fast. I'm so anxious to see where our future will go, but obviously sad that he'll be gone and can only contact him through mail. I'm so very proud of him and that trumps all sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment