Friday, June 3, 2011

It's Been Awhile

I haven't posted in a while and there is much to catch up on.

First off, Allan and I have officially decided our wedding date. We both agreed that we'd like to be legally married before he goes in to basic and then have our big wedding with all the bells and whistles once we've saved up enough. So officially we will be getting married on July 24th this year. I'm very excited, but very nervous as well. Things were so stretched out on our timeline and then BAM! now everything is moving so fast. Once that time comes I'll have pictures posted and such.

Second off, I had my cake decorating final this past Wednesday. I was making a wedding cake and have 3 hours to complete it; this was just decorating and not baking it at all.  Well I had a 2 tier cake to construct, frost, cover in a blue basketweave, do a rope border, pink drop flowers, and assemble the gum paste flowers.  I made the gum paste flowers the night before because they needed to dry and harden. Unfortunately the gum paste decided to be fussy so I was up until midnight or so making calla lilies and roses out of gum paste.  I was shaking a whole bunch from the adrenaline rushing through me on the day of the final, but I ended up getting an A++ on it.
Here is the final product:


No comments:

Post a Comment