Tuesday, May 10, 2011

2 months and counting

So Allan tried calling yesterday to see if he could get scheduled for his physical so he can actually enlist and as usual, we got pushed to a different week. Currently it's been 2 months since he took the ASVAB and still hasn't gotten a physical date. I'm very ticked off that they're taking high school seniors and college graduates no matter when they sign up above people who have been waiting for 2 freaking months! We're just going to have to keep calling every week to see if we can get him squeezed in. Fingers crossed!


On the other hand I figure I'll add in the cake part of A Life of Cake and Kitties. I'm in a cake decorating class currently and we have a cake decorated every week due for homework. I figure I'll post the pictures here because man is it not as easy as it looks.
Last week the homework that was due was a cake with side embellishments and a border.


So I did a basketweave and shell border. Pretty easy and fast for me, but very pretty looking.











This week we have an 'adult' style birthday cake due. It sounds inappropriate, but! it's just a cake with roses and cursive 'Happy Birthday'



Here is the final product with a rope border on the bottom and top. My cursive got a little off on the day part of the happy birthday.












Here is the rope border at the bottom of the cake.












This week we're practicing children birthday cakes so that should be fun with lots of color!
I'll keep everyone updated about Allan and the Navy.

No comments:

Post a Comment